blueness

the heart of a sapphire, the flame of love, the law of the universe and the beauty of life.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Borders

I wish to roam the planet at will. And not virtually, either.

I want to eat chocolate in Ireland, Greek food in Greece. Laze on a houseboat with my love, and sail down the Nile with him too. Visit the Incan ruins, Stonehenge. Wonder at civilizations long gone. How did they live? What did they believe, fear, hold sacred? What were their legends and what did they eat?

I have a thirst in me to see the world. To see, taste, meet, experience this planet. I don't think I can leave this life until I have. I want to visit the childhood home of my best friend in Ghana. I want to stand on a ledge over a canyon in Wyoming. Drive from Silver Spring to San Francisco and then decide if we want to come back.

I'm not saying I'm a wanderer. I need to nest just like any woman. Have a little house and garden and library of my own. Kids and dogs running around, with me and my love running after them. But why is it so hard to see our own world while we're busy earning a paycheck, buying groceries, and commuting through traffic? Because of safety reasons we cannot go where we want when we want without adhering to regulations. Because of cost we cannot even do that whenever we want to. There's bills to pay and fees and futures to plan for. We need security. I need security. I'm like everyone else.

But want to see the world, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger truthdude said...

and you will my love. the acient ruins of Greece, the greenery of Ireland, the beaches of Spain, the mountains of Africa, the Aqueducts of Pompeii...I'd love to show them all to you.

after all, your happiness is my destiny.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home